TIFF CHANGE INFORMATION
This document describes the changes made to the software between the
previous and current versions (see above).
If you don't find something listed here, then it was not done in this
timeframe, or it was not considered important enough to be mentioned.
The following information is located here:
CHANGES IN THE SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION:
- Corrected alpha versioning.
- Removed distinction between alpha and release targets in Makefile.in.
- Added release.stamp target, which tags cvs tree, and updates
- Added releasediff target, which diffs tree with source as of
date in "RELEASE-DATE"
- Ticked up version to 3.5.2 (alpha 01 -- but I think we'll moving
away from alpha/non-alpha distinctions).
CHANGES IN LIBTIFF:
- Added IRIX/gcc, and OSF/1 4.x support on behalf of
- Added TIFFReassignTagToIgnore() API on behalf of
Bruce Cameron . Man page still pending.
- pre-remove so link before softlink in LINUXdso action in
libtiff/Makefile.in to avoid failure on LINUXdso builds other than
- Fixed problem with cvtcmap() in tif_getimage.c modifying the
colormaps owned by the TIFF handle itself when trying to fixup wrong
(eight bit) colormaps. Corrected by maintaining a private copy of
- Added TIFFReadRGBATile()/TIFFReadRGBAStrip() support in
- Applied "a" mode fix to tif_win32.c/TIFFOpen() as suggested
by Christopher Lawton
- Set O_BINARY for tif_unix.c open() ... used on cygwin for instance.
- Added CYGWIN case in configure.
- Applied Francois Dagand's patch to handle fax decompression bug.
(sizes >= 65536 were failing)
CHANGES IN THE TOOLS:
TIFF home page.
- Added addtiffo (add overviews to a TIFF file) in contrib. Didn't
put it in tools since part of it is in C++.
Last updated $Date: 1999/09/27 01:45:38 $.