TIFF CHANGE INFORMATION
This document describes the changes made to the software between the
previous and current versions (see above).
If you don't find something listed here, then it was not done in this
timeframe, or it was not considered important enough to be mentioned.
The following information is located here:
CHANGES IN THE SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION:
- Added GNULDdso target and switched linux and freebsd to use it.
- tools/Makefile.in: Modified to install properly on SGI.
- configure: Fixed DSO test for Linux as per patch from
Jan Van Buggenhout .
CHANGES IN LIBTIFF:
- tif_dir.c: Clear TIFF_ISTILED flag in TIFFDefaultDirectory
as per http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org/show_bug.cgi?id=18
- Modified tif_packbits.c decoding to avoid overrunning the
output buffer, and to issue a warning if data needs to be
discarded. See http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org/show_bug.cgi?id=18
- Modified TIFFClientOpen() to emit an error on an attempt to
open a comperessed file for update (O_RDWR/r+) access. This is
because the compressor/decompressor code gets very confused when
the mode is O_RDWR, assuming this means writing only. See
- Applied patch for 0x0000 sequences in tif_fax3.h's definition
of EXPAND1D() as per bug 11 (from Roman).
- Fixed tiffcomp.h to avoid win32 stuff if unix #defined, to improve
- Applied patch from Roman Shpount to tif_fax3.c. This seems to
be a proper fix to the buffer sizing problem. See
- Fixed tif_getimage.c to fix overrun bug with YCbCr images without
Thanks to Nick Lamb for reporting the
bug and proving the patch.
- Fixed tif_jpeg.c so avoid destroying the decompressor before
we are done access data thanks to bug report from:
Michael Eckstein .
- tif_open.c: Don't set MMAP for O_RDWR files.
- tif_open.c: Set STRIPCHOP_DEFAULT for O_RDWR as well as O_RDONLY
so that files opened for update can be strip chopped too.
- tif_read.c: fixed up bug with files missing rowsperstrip and
the strips per separation fix done a few weeks ago.
- Tentatively added support for SAMPLEFORMAT_COMPLEXIEEEFP, and
- index.html, bugs.html: added bugzilla info.
- tif_read.c: fix subtle bug with determining the number of
rows for strips that are the last strip in a separation but
not the last strip of all in TIFFReadEncodedStrip().
- Applied 16/32 bit fix to tif_fax3.c. Fix supplied by
- Modified tiffio.h logic with regard to including windows.h. It
won't include it when building with __CYGWIN__.
- README: update to mention www.libtiff.org, don't list Sam's old
- libtiff/tif_dirread.c: Don't use estimate strip byte count for
one tile/strip images with an offset, and byte count of zero. These
could be "unpopulated" images.
- tif_win32.c: Applied patch to fix overreads and ovverwrites
caught by BoundsChecker. From Arvan Pritchard
- tif_getimage.c: Applied patch to silence VC6 warnings. From
- tif_lzw.c: Applied patch to silence VC6 warnings. From
- libtiff/tif_apple.c: Applied "Carbon" support patches supplied by
Leonard Rosenthol . May interfere
with correct building on older systems. If so, please let me know.
CHANGES IN THE TOOLS:
- tools/rgb2ycbcr.c: fixed output strip size to account for vertical
roundup if rows_per_strip not a multiple of vertical sample size.
- tools/tiffsplit.c: Copy TIFFTAG_SAMPLEFORMAT.
- Modified tiff2bw to ensure portions add to 100%, and that
white is properly recovered. See bug
c/o Stanislav Brabec
CHANGES IN CONTRIB:
- contrib/addtiffo: Added "averaging" resampling option.
- Added contrib/stream (stream io) code submitted by Avi Bleiweiss.
CHANGES IN THE LZW COMPRESSION KIT
TIFF home page.
- updated tif_dir.c to reflect changes to no-lzw tif_dir.c
Last updated $Date: 2001/01/23 21:40:17 $.